HOOKIPA Pharma Inc. (NASDAQ: HOOK) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel immunotherapies that mobilize and amplify targeted T cells to address unmet needs in cancer.
This leveraging its proprietary, versatile platform to engineer a broad pipeline of differentiated arenaviral therapeutics. These novel immunotherapies induce robust antigen-specific killer T cells to a broad range of self and non-self antigens, including viral antigens, tumor-associated antigens and neoantigens. HOOKIPA’s platform technology uses replicating viral vectors based on the target cancer, with the potential to induce killer T cell response levels previously not achieved by other immunotherapy approaches.
HOOKIPA’s pipeline includes wholly-owned investigational arenaviral immunotherapeutics targeting HPV16+ cancers, prostate cancer, KRAS-mutated cancers (including colorectal, pancreatic and lung), and other undisclosed projects. In addition, the company aims to develop functional cures of HBV and HIV in collaboration with Gilead.
We seek an experienced, highly motivated (Senior) Lab Technician to join our dynamic team in a fast-paced drug discovery environment. In the Preclinical & Translational Research Department, you will focus together with scientists and peers on discovering new targets but also establishing immunological assays to further understand the mechanism of action in anti-tumor immunity. In addition, you will contribute to characterizing the immunogenicity and efficacy of candidate therapies in a range of pre-clinical models and support in moving lead candidates into clinical development. This position covers both in vitro and in vivo techniques involving work in the laboratory and animal facility.
· Cell culture of human and murine cell lines and primary cells
· Perform in vitro and ex vivo immunological assays
· Contribute to in vivo studies such as tumor growth monitoring
· Lead optimization and set-up of novel experimental approaches
· Independent planning, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data
· Perform experiments with infectious material under BSL-2 conditions
· Support planning the work of (junior) lab technicians and train them in novel techniques
· Prepare documentation in accordance with Hookipa guidelines and support maintenance of lab equipment
· Ability to work on weekends and statutory holidays, if necessary
· B.Sc., M.Sc. or MTA, BTA or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g., Biology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Microbiology)
· 3+ years of relevant lab hands-on experience (e.g., cell culture, immunoassays, experimental work under BSL-2 conditions)
· Understanding the concepts of immunology and immuno-oncology
· Experience with cell culture and flow cytometry is a must
· Familiar with immunological assays such as cytokine assays
· Experience with mouse handling
· Independent, efficient, proactive, well-organized, solution- and detail-oriented, hands-on mentality
· Motivated, flexible team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
· MS Office and data analysis skills (GraphPad Prism, FlowJo)
· Strong interest in working in a creative environment, discovery of new therapeutic targets and in participating in all aspects of preclinical development
· Eager to acquire new knowledge, to learn, develop and optimize novel techniques
· Fluent in both written and oral Englisch, German is a plus
What we offer:
· Strong international team with dedicated and passionate scientists and technicians
· State of the art infrastructure
· Excellent working atmosphere
· Opportunities for personal development
· Employee benefits such as health screening, public transportation card, Sodexo pass
· Working in a multinational and multicultural environment
We are required by Austrian law to post a minimum salary. The minimum monthly gross salary is EUR 2.754 (Lab Technician) to 3.233,- (Senior Lab Technician) based on fulltime (40 hours per week). Depending on your experience and qualification salary can be negotiated. In addition, we offer a performance-related bonus payment and participation in our stock option compensation program.
Starting date: as soon as possible
If you are interested in this challenging position, please send your CV including a cover letter summarizing your qualification and experiences to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on HOOKIPA please visit www.hookipapharma.com