Senior Building Automation Specialist
The Bank for International Settlements is an international organisation which fosters international monetary and financial cooperation via wide-ranging banking, economic research and policy coordination activities.
The BIS is currently recruiting for a Senior Building Automation Specialist (corporate title: Senior Systems Engineer) responsible for the underlying IT infrastructure supporting the Bank's building automation systems. You have a strong IT background, ideally Windows server coupled with experience in Cisco Networks and Checkpoint Firewalls and experience in building automation. You enjoy working with a range of stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment, and place great value on providing excellent customer service.
- Act as the primary point of contact for outsourced service providers ensuring a high level of service relating to request, incident, problem, configuration and change management.
- Provide technical leadership for the IT infrastructure supporting the building automation systems and ensure that the evolution of the underlying technology is in line with the Bank's systems.
- Manage interfaces between the building automation systems and the Bank's core BIS network, ensuring that the environment is patched and monitored in line with the Bank's standards.
- Manage or participate in project activities impacting the building automation system infrastructure. Act as product manager for software components required by the outsourced provider to enable service delivery.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University degree in a relevant technical / IT discipline, ITIL qualifications a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Windows server engineering role. Experience working with Cisco Networks, Checkpoint firewalls and F5 load balancers would be advantageous.
- At least 3 years of experience in a vendor management role.
- Strong knowledge of building automation systems (BMS / BMCS, HVAC)
- Experience with ITIL processes
- High level of customer focus
- Strong team player with excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator at a range of levels
- Able to work outside normal working hours during service windows and to provide on-call cover for evenings and weekend.
- Fluent in English and German (oral and written)
The BIS's head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We are able to recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages. The BIS employs staff on both open-ended and fixed-term contracts. However, all new entrants are initially recruited on a fixed-term basis. The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff. We encourage applications from female candidates.