Shire?s R&D pipeline is with 30+ programs one of the most promising and complex pipelines in the entire biopharmaceutical industry. Research and Development programs in 6 therapy areas encompass pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical substances with highly diverse forms of administration. PDTS (Process Development and Technical Services) in Austria operates in a global environment collaborating with over 30 locations worldwide to develop processes and analytical methods for new substances as well as to support large-scale production for approved medication. PDTS strives to find innovative ways of successfully implementing product-related ideas for the benefit of our patients.
Purpose of the position:
- To lead, manage and co-ordinate projects in the area of product and process development for early and late stage products
- To manage numerous stakeholders and complex situations while working in an international matrix structure
- To provide expertise and lead internal lab study design and execution for critical investigations
- To take ownership of and develop methodology for the High-Throughput instrumentation in the Formulation, Fill and Finish area
- To support development of drug products and upscaling for full-scale routine processes
- As project lead and representative, taking responsibility for coordinating the output of cross-functional teams intended to bring our products to full commercialization
- At least a Masters level degree with a (bio-) technical focus
- DP formulation development experience (screening, stability, stress tests, etc.) would be ideal
- Preferably DP manufacturing experience (fill/finish unit operations)
- Project management skills would be highly appreciated, as well as the ability to manage complex situations and numerous stakeholders while working within an international matrix structure
- Skills and previous experience in design of experiments and statistics
- Highly desirable qualities include solution-focus, assertiveness, professional integrity and the ability to work independently and make effective decisions
- Good knowledge of English is a must; basic knowledge of German
As a leading global biotechnology company we have one mission every day: to lastingly improve the lives of people living with rare diseases. Crucial to our mission are our employees - our biggest asset - who enjoy a range of benefits and career opportunities, such as trainee and training programs, job rotations, apprenticeships, work-life balance (certified family friendly), company kindergarten, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. Here you can learn more about Shire in Austria.
We offer outstanding opportunities to motivated people regardless of your gender, age, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or physical handicaps. Diversity is part of our success.
The minimum salary for this position is € 3.163,33 gross per month (full-time); increased payment is possible. We are looking forward to your application.